Call for Presenters
ODAPCA 2020 Fall Virtual Conference (September 24-25, 2020)
Call for Presenters
ODAPCA is posting a “call for presenters” which is an opportunity for interested individuals to submit presentation proposals for the upcoming and future conferences and other ODAPCA sponsored programs. Deadline for the 2020 Fall Conference Call for Presenters is July 31 , 2020
We invite experts from substance abuse, prevention, mental health, criminal justice, education, health care, research, business, faith communities, social services, and government to contribute to the educational experiences offered through ODAPCA’s conferences and other training events.
We expect and encourage a wide diversity of subjects as they pertain to evidence-based information in the areas of current research and practical applications in the field of substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. All submissions will be reviewed by ODAPCA’s speakers and presenter committee. Accepted presentations will be published in the Conference or Event materials.
Click Here to fill out Application: Click Here for Call for Presenters Application
Key Goals of the ODAPCA Conference and Educational Programs:
- We are looking for current topics of how COVID-19 and the Cultural Challenges that face our society and how it relates to treating substance abuse and mental health disorders
- Presentation Time 1.5hrs
- Ethics: 3 Presenters-Time 1hr
- Provide useful information and training about current research and best practices in the field of
substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Provide networking opportunities
- Create a sense of community among people in the field of substance abuse, prevention and related
areas: i.e. criminal justice, education, health care, child welfare, specialty courts, etc..
- Clarity of Submission
- Value of Session Objectives
- Appeal to Conference Attendees
- Consistency with ODAPCA’s Mission
- Relevance to Target Audience
- Level of Participant Involvement
- Contribution of New Ideas and Practices
- Application to the field of substance abuse of co-occurring disorders
Important Information for Presenters:
See example below or call ODAPCA (405-793-1545) for more details!!!! Thank you! We look forward to reviewing your proposal.
Title: Comfort Zone
Description: Creative activities designed for the most fun you’ve
ever had while pushing your comfort zone to
the limit. Discover what it’s really like to get
to know someone new. (Not for the faint at heart
or closed minded).
Objectives: 1) Create open and non-threatening social environments
2) To reveal human traits and “fears” that we attempt
3) Set aside professional accomplishments
used to acquire status and position and discover us
similar (and equal) enjoyment of having fun.
Click Here for Call for Presenters Application